Adjust font size:

Site Search

The Hunger Project Bolen Report
Ohm Society

Questions for Dr. Kennedy
Welcome to Ask Dr. Kennedy. We encourage you to post your comments and questions here. We look forward to challenging questions as they are an education for us as well as for you. Please consider the following guidelines when posting:

Ask Dr. Kennedy is an educational service. Any medical advice on which you act should come directly from your personal physician.
Mention of any commercial products for sale will be removed.
Do not enter your title or message in ALL CAPS. If you do so, it will be removed.
Take care for your spelling, grammar, punctuation, and capitalization.
Minimizing mercury exposure
Posted by: Katharine
Date: October 20, 2006 8:05 AM

After many months of GI upset, I recently went for a bioresonance allergy test. I tested reactive to many foods and chemical substances, including amalgam. I have since modified my diet and am left with fruits, vegetables, grains, and fish. The therapist conducting the test also warned me I had high levels of metal in my body. I am a 36-year-old woman with 6 amalgam fillings. I am an active tooth grinder at night. My symptoms are currently: insomnia, feeling cold, frequent night time urination, chronic yeast inflections, fatigue, frequent colds and conjunctivitis, rhinitis, food and chemical allergies, head and jaw aches, GI upset, hair loss, depression, excess salivation, memory and concentration problems, numbness in arms, etc. The dietary changes have helped, but I recognize that the only permanent solution is removal of the amalgams and chelation. My questions are the following: How soon after amalgam removal does a patient need to start a complete course of chelation? Would the following be dangerous to take before getting the amalgams removed? Vitamins (especially cool smiley, probiotics, chlorella? What about visiting a sauna? Should I avoid fish because of possible mercury contamination, even though it seems to be the only protein which I can tolerate?

RE: Minimizing mercury exposure
Posted by: Ron Kennedy, M.D.
Date: October 20, 2006 2:55 PM

If a person chooses amalgam removal, there should be a four day period after the last dental work to allow the mercury which was stirred up by the procedure to settle down, then a DMPS Challenge Test is done. Based on the results of that test a course of oral or IV chelation can be designed which should be followed by another DMPS Challenge Test and further treatment if the levels are not all the way down. When the mercury (and other toxic heavy metals) are cleared the next step is actual repair of the damage done to the GI and its immune system. This is accomplished with the SanPharma Protocol. Unless all these steps are taken, the illness remains. Yes, avoid fish. Bioresonance is a good test, but not fool-proof. Believe the results when you can see their accuracy for yourself in your life. The other methods of detox you mentioned will be of minimal benefit until the metal problem is properly addressed. Begin your reading here and expand to the related hyperlinks in the article:

RE: Minimizing mercury exposure
Posted by: Katharine
Date: October 20, 2006 3:39 PM

Thanks, that is very helpful. I will continue to experiment with foods. I currently live in Slovenia, but my sister lives in San Francisco and I am hoping to be able to come to see you in Santa Rosa for treatment. I believe you mentioned there are also good dentists there.

RE: Minimizing mercury exposure
Posted by: Ron Kennedy, M.D.
Date: October 20, 2006 4:10 PM

I will be glad to see you. We have the best dentist in California here in Santa Rosa.

RE: Minimizing mercury exposure
Posted by: Katharine
Date: October 21, 2006 6:57 PM

Santa Rosa it is, then. You can expect to hear from me early next year. Now that I have an idea what is wrong with me and a plan to fix the problem, I feel half cured already! How far in advance should I call your office to book an appointment? Can I do anything else now (besides avoiding fish) to avoid exacerbating the situation?

RE: Minimizing mercury exposure
Posted by: Ron Kennedy, M.D.
Date: October 21, 2006 8:47 PM

2-3 weeks. Simply avoid exposure, mainly dental amalgams and fish.

This Thread has been closed


health healing information, physician medical library medical informaion, health, healing, advertising
(803 words)