Adjust font size:

Site Search

The Hunger Project Bolen Report
Ohm Society

Questions for Dr. Kennedy
Welcome to Ask Dr. Kennedy. We encourage you to post your comments and questions here. We look forward to challenging questions as they are an education for us as well as for you. Please consider the following guidelines when posting:

Ask Dr. Kennedy is an educational service. Any medical advice on which you act should come directly from your personal physician.
Mention of any commercial products for sale will be removed.
Do not enter your title or message in ALL CAPS. If you do so, it will be removed.
Take care for your spelling, grammar, punctuation, and capitalization.
need advice on pain problem
Posted by: Brent
Date: March 3, 2005 9:31 PM

My aunt has referred me to you and speaks highly of you as you helped her after years of dealing with thyroid problems. I am a 28 year old male. I have had discomfort and pain since age 14. Frequency of unbearable pain is greater than it has been in the past. My pain is located entirely on my right side (until recently). Pain is aggravated by repetitive movement. I have seen mainly chiropractors for the treatment of my pain and had momentary success in relieving the sharpness of the pain which usually returns to pre-treatment levels and prior slightly restricted movement in my joints in two hours or less after the treatment. I have had an M.R.I., C.T., nerve conduction study on my right leg, Lyme disease test, a few labs, X-rays, upper and lower G.I., etc. I am currently on Vicodin E.S., MS Contin 30mg, and Marijuana. The Gastroenterologist confirmed that I have a contorted stomach (turned to the Left at ďmid-way pointĒ). I have a problem assimilating B-12. I have other seemingly associated and unassociated symptoms. I live in Mendocino, CA. I depend on CMSP for my medical needs. Specifically I would like to know if: you could give me an idea of what holistic care might cost in the long run; refer me to a holistic doctor that excepts CMSP or could bill me. I would also appreciate any direction you could give me on a course(s) to take in helping to find an explanation for my pain and a better method of controlling it as Iím seeing a P.A. at a clinic Iíve been going to for a while that said he would work with me on a more holistic approach if I could offer him some suggestions. I have been unable to work since May, 2003 due to pain and would like to control it without pain meds, and feel it could be addressed better if the contributing factors to my pain were better understood.
Thank you,
Brent Anderson
541-770-7976 Msg # only

RE: need advice on pain problem
Posted by: Ron Kennedy, M.D.
Date: March 4, 2005 4:33 AM

On such a case, I would have to see you to give you any advice on tests. Your description does not paint a clear picture to me of what you are going through. If you will let me know your zip code, I will send you a list of doctors. However, I have no way of knowing who accepts what insurance. You will have to call around and find that out.

This Thread has been closed


health healing information, physician medical library medical informaion, health, healing, advertising
(605 words)