Adjust font size:
        

Site Search

The Hunger Project Bolen Report
Ohm Society
Untitled

Questions for Dr. Kennedy
Welcome to Ask Dr. Kennedy. We encourage you to post your comments and questions here. We look forward to challenging questions as they are an education for us as well as for you. Please consider the following guidelines when posting:

Ask Dr. Kennedy is an educational service. Any medical advice on which you act should come directly from your personal physician.
Mention of any commercial products for sale will be removed.
Do not enter your title or message in ALL CAPS. If you do so, it will be removed.
Take care for your spelling, grammar, punctuation, and capitalization.
 
DMPS reaction?
Posted by: Lane
Date: May 18, 2004 7:15 PM

I've been under the care of a knowledgeable physician for mercury/aluminum removal. We have used DMSA and DMPS. My mercury level was 29.55 ug/24-hour after the DMSA protocol and one DMPS IV. Yesterday was my fifth (and hopefully final) DMPS chelation treatment. I just completed the 2nd (and hopefully final) urine challenge today. I had the DMPS IV yesterday at 2:00 PM. I woke up at 5:00 AM this morning feeling very nauseous and have had severe diarhea and nausea the whole day which is most unusual for me. I didn't have any reaction at all from the other 4 DMPS IVs. Do you think this is the mercury or aluminum coming out? It could be food poisoning but I didn't eat anything suspect yesterday, unless something at the salad bar was rancid.

RE: DMPS reaction?
Posted by: Ron Kennedy, M.D.
Date: May 19, 2004 1:48 AM

Impossible to know for sure, but with severe nausea and diarrhea all day, the most likely explanation is food poisoning. The exit of heavy metals usually does not involve nausea and diarrhea (more often headache and fatigue) and should be most severe in the first 6-8 hours. The next thing to consider is an allergic reaction to DMPS (but again the reaction should be more proximate to the infusion of DMPS). You could have your doctor give you an epidermal injection of 0.03 cc of DMPS and if this causes a flair reaction, you will know that you have developed an allergy. If this is so, obviously no further DMPS should be used on you - which is OK as oral DMSA will do the job just fine anyway.



This Thread has been closed

 




health healing information, physician medical library medical informaion, health, healing, advertising
(442 words)