Adjust font size:

Site Search

The Hunger Project Bolen Report
Ohm Society

Questions for Dr. Kennedy
Welcome to Ask Dr. Kennedy. We encourage you to post your comments and questions here. We look forward to challenging questions as they are an education for us as well as for you. Please consider the following guidelines when posting:

Ask Dr. Kennedy is an educational service. Any medical advice on which you act should come directly from your personal physician.
Mention of any commercial products for sale will be removed.
Do not enter your title or message in ALL CAPS. If you do so, it will be removed.
Take care for your spelling, grammar, punctuation, and capitalization.
Allergic to cadmium
Posted by: Donna Herrmann
Date: December 19, 2000 8:04 PM

I have learned I am allergic to cadmium. I cannot wear my dentures or metals made with it. Where can I find a comprehensive study and information on Cadmium and its uses? If I don't wear my dentures, I lose my job. My husband and I are resident managers, which also means we lose our home and job. My daughters also have this allergy.

RE: Allergic to cadmium
Posted by: Ron Kennedy, MD
Date: December 20, 2000 4:09 AM

I am not sure if this can be a true allergy. Heavy metals in general are toxic to human beings if present in large amounts. I suggest you be tested for heavy metal toxicity including all the possible heavy metals. If you are loaded with cadmium and/or other heavy metals, chelation would be the next step. Doctors' Data in Chicago offers a heavy metal screen which would be your best choice. Of couse, you need a doc to work with you and order these things. The average doc will not have a clue about how to proceed, so find a doc from this website.

This Thread has been closed


health healing information, physician medical library medical informaion, health, healing, advertising
(354 words)