Adjust font size:

Site Search

The Hunger Project Bolen Report
Ohm Society

Questions for Dr. Kennedy
Welcome to Ask Dr. Kennedy. We encourage you to post your comments and questions here. We look forward to challenging questions as they are an education for us as well as for you. Please consider the following guidelines when posting:

Ask Dr. Kennedy is an educational service. Any medical advice on which you act should come directly from your personal physician.
Mention of any commercial products for sale will be removed.
Do not enter your title or message in ALL CAPS. If you do so, it will be removed.
Take care for your spelling, grammar, punctuation, and capitalization.
Posted by: Katharina
Date: August 30, 2000 4:54 PM

My husband who is 38 years old has been having problems getting an erection recently. I've suggested that he see a doctor about this problem but he is hesitant about doing so. What are the possible problems that may be affecting him? One as young as he is should not be having this sort of problem. Please advise me on what is the best thing for us to do?

RE: Impotency
Posted by: Ron Kennedy, MD
Date: August 31, 2000 3:43 AM

There are psychological and physiological (hormonal) causes of this problem. Young people can experience failure of their hormone systems, especially if they are under stress for long periods. The major players are testosterone and human growth hormone. Of course the stress must be relieved and if needed these hormones can be supplemented. Testing should always precede treatment and you must be seen by a doc who understands these problems (not all do). Psychological causes are best dealt with through the help of a competent therapist.

This Thread has been closed


health healing information, physician medical library medical informaion, health, healing, advertising
(333 words)