Adjust font size:
        

Site Search

The Hunger Project Bolen Report
Ohm Society
Untitled

Questions for Dr. Kennedy
Welcome to Ask Dr. Kennedy. We encourage you to post your comments and questions here. We look forward to challenging questions as they are an education for us as well as for you. Please consider the following guidelines when posting:

Ask Dr. Kennedy is an educational service. Any medical advice on which you act should come directly from your personal physician.
Mention of any commercial products for sale will be removed.
Do not enter your title or message in ALL CAPS. If you do so, it will be removed.
Take care for your spelling, grammar, punctuation, and capitalization.
 
Electrical Shock
Posted by: Susan
Date: September 12, 1999 3:23 AM

Last January I plugged my computer into a 220 volt power strip in France and received about 45 seconds of voltage. At the time there was no visible evidence of damage. I had flu like symptoms within 6 hours and have had dizziness, vomiting, severe muscular spasms in my shoulders, neck and jaw area. All tests are negative yet I continue to have problems off and on. About the time I think it is over, I get dizzy again. Has anyone had a similar experience?

Electrical Shock
Posted by: Ron Kennedy, MD
Date: September 16, 1999 7:13 PM

Who received the voltage, you or your computer?

Electrical Shock
Posted by: Susan Thackston
Date: September 19, 1999 9:22 PM

I held a power strip in my left hand and the converter in my right hand. When I plugged in the converter - I got 220 volts up my right arm and down through the left arm back into the power strip. The shock or whatever, held me to the power strip for about 45 seconds. I had not yet plugged in the computer to the converter - the converter was in my hand and that is what I plugged into the strip. I have had dizziness and falling and now muscle spasms in my neck and shoulders. Everytime I think I am well, it all starts over. The computer is fine - I never actually plugged it in. I received the voltage. Sorry I wasn't more clear in my explanation. I am seeing a doctor who is treating the muscle spasms, but I am told that there is nothing wrong with me to cause the dizziness and that it will stop in time.

I have not heard of many people who walked away from this type of accident without some damage. I walk with a cane because it stabilizes me and keeps me from falling. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

Susan


Electrical Shock
Posted by: Signman
Date: March 6, 2000 3:26 AM

I have been shocked numerous times. The only after effects lasted minutes.I knew a man shocked;he was unconscious for days. Huge hunks of flesh were burned out of his back.



This Thread has been closed

 




health healing information, physician medical library medical informaion, health, healing, advertising
(542 words)