Adjust font size:

Site Search

The Hunger Project Bolen Report
Ohm Society

Questions for Dr. Kennedy
Welcome to Ask Dr. Kennedy. We encourage you to post your comments and questions here. We look forward to challenging questions as they are an education for us as well as for you. Please consider the following guidelines when posting:

Ask Dr. Kennedy is an educational service. Any medical advice on which you act should come directly from your personal physician.
Mention of any commercial products for sale will be removed.
Do not enter your title or message in ALL CAPS. If you do so, it will be removed.
Take care for your spelling, grammar, punctuation, and capitalization.
chronic pancreatis
Posted by: Ann
Date: June 28, 2000 11:24 AM

I am a 35 year old female with chronic pancreatis. I had a blocked duct. They put in a stent and removed it a week later, and now another week later my count is going up again. This is my 8th week of treatment and I am no better. I can eat nothing and I am on a TPN (total parenteral nutrition - IV fluids) feeding though a pic line. Do I need to go else where to get treatment? I am from Michigan and have been to the U of M and now I am wanting other help for I know that the longer my count is up the more damage that is done to the pancreas , and I would like to know if there are hospitals that specialtize in this.

RE: chronic pancreatis
Posted by: Ron Kennedy, MD
Date: June 28, 2000 1:52 PM

It is more likely that you could find a particular surgeon who specializes in this area than that you would find an entire hospital which specializes in pancreas surgery. That seems rather unlikely. I do not know such a surgeon, but you may be able to find one using the search engines. Here is a meta-search engine which simultaneously searches a handful of the major engines:


Type in "pancreas surgery" and see what comes up. Good luck

This Thread has been closed


health healing information, physician medical library medical informaion, health, healing, advertising
(393 words)