Adjust font size:
        

Site Search

The Hunger Project Bolen Report
Ohm Society
Untitled

Questions for Dr. Kennedy
Welcome to Ask Dr. Kennedy. We encourage you to post your comments and questions here. We look forward to challenging questions as they are an education for us as well as for you. Please consider the following guidelines when posting:

Ask Dr. Kennedy is an educational service. Any medical advice on which you act should come directly from your personal physician.
Mention of any commercial products for sale will be removed.
Do not enter your title or message in ALL CAPS. If you do so, it will be removed.
Take care for your spelling, grammar, punctuation, and capitalization.
 
need some help (possible mercury toxicity)
Posted by: Tony
Date: June 7, 2005 1:32 AM

Jan 2005 I had 2 root canals, 4 cavity fillings, 3 crowns. I was given 800 mg. Ibuprofen for the pain. I took my Ibuprofen on empty stomach, ate and took my vitamins as usual and got sick. Felt like passing out, very weak, dizzy, and panic attacks. It's been 5 months and my main problems are best described as brain fog, extreme fatigue, depression, occasional insomnia, and a muscle twitching which lasted for a week. What can really make my symptoms worse is when I take vitamins. A doctor from your website did a Mercury toxicity test - 6 hr. chelation DMSA and result was 5.4 ug/g with the reference range under 3.0. He thinks it maybe from the Ibuprofen or stomach related, not mercury. Some advice would be appreciated to see if you think it very well may be mercury toxicity from my symptoms and in this case I would like to fly up to Northern Cali to see you if necessary because at this point I really don't know what to do anymore.

RE: need some help (possible mercury toxicity)
Posted by: Ron Kennedy, M.D.
Date: June 14, 2005 3:52 AM

I recommend retesting. If you have developed a chronic hidden infection such as cavitations in the jaw bone (very likely with root canals and extractions) and/or gut wall infection, the organisms can sequester mercury and give you false readings. If you had no previous fillings, it is probable that not enough time has elapsed to give you elevated mercury readings. The point is that the entire clinical history must be taken into account and a conclusion arrived at not based on one test.



This Thread has been closed

 




health healing information, physician medical library medical informaion, health, healing, advertising
(443 words)