Adjust font size:

Site Search

The Hunger Project Bolen Report
Ohm Society

Questions for Dr. Kennedy
Welcome to Ask Dr. Kennedy. We encourage you to post your comments and questions here. We look forward to challenging questions as they are an education for us as well as for you. Please consider the following guidelines when posting:

Ask Dr. Kennedy is an educational service. Any medical advice on which you act should come directly from your personal physician.
Mention of any commercial products for sale will be removed.
Do not enter your title or message in ALL CAPS. If you do so, it will be removed.
Take care for your spelling, grammar, punctuation, and capitalization.
Tropical diseases
Posted by: Yosias
Date: February 2, 2001 7:09 PM

I find no reference for Doctors specializing in tropical medicine. Can you refer me? Recent venture deep into the Bolivian Amazon may have resulted in this ulceration on my calf that doesn't seem to heal (doesn't seem to get worse either). The area has had a significant population of insects (as all jungles do I guess). I have a suspicion that it may be Leishmania - a disease carried by sandflies but need more information and possibly a reference of doctors either in Chile (where I'm currently visiting) or in the neighbouring countries - Bolivia and Argentina.

RE: Tropical diseases
Posted by: Ron Kennedy, M.D.
Date: February 3, 2001 2:36 AM

Tropical medicine docs are hard to find outside university medical school settings. I suggest you look there.

This Thread has been closed


health healing information, physician medical library medical informaion, health, healing, advertising
(297 words)