Adjust font size:

Site Search

The Hunger Project Bolen Report
Ohm Society

Questions for Dr. Kennedy
Welcome to Ask Dr. Kennedy. We encourage you to post your comments and questions here. We look forward to challenging questions as they are an education for us as well as for you. Please consider the following guidelines when posting:

Ask Dr. Kennedy is an educational service. Any medical advice on which you act should come directly from your personal physician.
Mention of any commercial products for sale will be removed.
Do not enter your title or message in ALL CAPS. If you do so, it will be removed.
Take care for your spelling, grammar, punctuation, and capitalization.
Hemangioma/Vascular Malformation
Posted by: Pamela Glaspie
Date: October 10, 2000 3:50 PM

I am the mother of a 18 year old male who is on a football scholarship at Duke University. Last year he was diagnoised with this disorder (vascular malformation of the left posterior thigh). At that time the decision was made to fit him with a Chap's compression garment that was to be worn daily, treat it with heat and he was given Advil. It was also indicated that he has myositis ossificans. Apparently yesterday he saw the trainer and the situation has worsened. From my understanding, he has a mass on the back of his thigh that has branched down to his calf area. The doctors want to perform a procedure called sclerotherapy where alcohol is injected into the mass. What additional information if any can you give me on this procedure and is there any other treatment that you are aware of?

RE: Hemangioma/Vascular Malformation
Posted by: Ron Kennedy, M.D.
Date: October 11, 2000 2:18 AM

I know of no other appropriate treatment. You can rad about sclerotherapy on this website. Go to Library Articles and scroll down to Sclerotherapy.

This Thread has been closed


health healing information, physician medical library medical informaion, health, healing, advertising
(353 words)